Variable Message Signs are the basic tool in dynamic traffic management on highways, express ways and in urban areas.
The use of the VMS allows to send drivers constant warnings and important information about the current situation in the road network, obstructions and weather conditions, thus influencing the improvement of the traffic, safety of travel and its comfort.
Variable message signs are certified and evaluation in accordance to the European standard PN-EN12966:2014 “Road vertical signs – Variable message traffic signs”. Variable Message Signs offered by the APM PRO have at least 10 years warranty for durability and reliability.
Key benefits from APM PRO variable message signs implementation:
- patented highly efficient optic system:
- ensures the highest optic performance,
- allows LED light focus where it is needed,
- allows to lower the nominal power for the LED by 90%, maintaining all optic characteristics for minimum 10 years of exploitation, significantly reducing the power consumption,
- all LED units are monitored non-stop, even as they are OFF. Possible damages are reported and recorded in the controller log,
- they are in accordance to EN-12966: over 100 class combinations of photometric parameters, such as: colour, contrast, luminosity, beam width, pixel size, LED type, LED power supply, etc. Signs were tested and certified by an independent notified body SGS / INTRON,
- wide variety of pixel size from 12mm to 35mm. This allows to customize signs to individual need,
- variable message signs have remote diagnostics and monitoring of all subsystems,
- only specially selected LEDs are used,
- quick and easy replacement of components without use of any specialized tools,
- redundant and dependable of the LED and control units,
- small weight of the devices thanks to the use of aluminium alloy AlMg3, which guarantees resistance to an aggressive work environment,
- innovative and modern design.