CDS countdown signal
CDS countdown signals by SWARCO are auxiliary signals. They show how much time is left for the given signal. It can be connected to the red and/or green signal.
Drivers, as well as pedestrians, can know, how much time is left for the lights to change (“red light will be on for xxx seconds”, “green light will change in yyy seconds”), they will be less willing to behave dangerously.
- signals come in 210 mm and 300 mm size,
- 210 mm signal can display countdown from maximum 99 seconds (2 digit display); 300 mm signal can display countdown from maximum 199 seconds (3 digit display),
- two colour display (red/green),
- it displays the remaining red and green phase, only red phase or only green phase,
- display colour always refers to the colour of the signal it represents.