Wildlife warning system – retro-reflective visual wildlife warning devices
SWAREFLEX retro-reflective elements warning wildlife of incoming vehicles may say life of both people and animals.
How does it work?
Lights of the incoming vehicle illuminates the wildlife warning elements installed at both sides of the road. Device reflects them in direction of the area adjacent to the road. In this way there is created an optic barrier warning wild animals.
Animals stop or turn back when seeing this light.
The moment vehicle passes, the retro-reflective elements stop reflecting the light, thus closing the barrier and allowing the animals to cross the road safely.
- SWAREFLEX warning devices do not reflect light towards the vehicle, but create reflections only on the areas adjacent to the road,
- only two screws are needed to install the SWAREFLEX wildlife warning elements on wooden, plastic or metal post,
- warning retro-reflective elements can be used regardless of the terrain,
- retro-reflective element and its casing create are consistent,
- the device cannot corrode and is resistant to salt used for de-icing the road,
- there is no condensation inside the device,
- SWAREFLEX warning elements are designed to allow installation on flat roads and slopes. It is advised to install the elements in bigger density than standard, when the road is sloping.
- Unlike the permanent fences, which disturb the traditional paths of migrating animals, the optic warning barrier is activated only when a vehicle approaches.Installing SWAREFLEX warning elements on the highway sections, where there is a high risk for the animals crossing the road, it gives enormous economic advantages in comparison to a permanent fence.
- Preventing just one accident with the wildlife by the system generates savings comparable to the costs of installing almost 2 kilometres of the SWAREFLEX wildlife warning system.